You may have noticed that the logo in the upper left of our website has changed. That's because we've received news that EAA Chapter 27 has been recognized by the EAA as a SILVER level chapter for the combined 2020 and 2021 years.
This program was developed and measured in partnership with EAA’s Chapter Advisory Council, and is based on 10 criteria that are consistently found in active and highly engaged chapters. Due to 2020 and 2021 being, challenging years for chapters to maintain a high level of engagement, these years have been combined into a single recognition period. This was done to help chapters have a longer period of time to engage in the 10 criteria. An additional 11th criteria point was included this year to help offset the unique challenges associated with limited social engagement, and to observe unique chapter approved activities. Each is worth a point, and there are three levels of recognition: bronze (7 out of 11), silver (8 out of 11), and gold (at least 9 out of 11).
- Attends a chapter leadership training session
- Growing or steady membership
- Offers IMC or VMC Club programs
- Participates in Young Eagle or Flying Start programs
- Has EAA-approved Flight Advisor or Technical Counselor
- Participates in EAA's Annual Chapter Member survey
- Participates in Young Eagles Build and Fly, Young Eagles Workshops, Ray Aviation Scholarship program, or sends a youth to EAA’s Air Academy
- Requests an EAA ChapterBlast email
- Hosts at least two public events each year
- Owns/leases a facility
- Extra credit activity, such as a chapter build project, youth build project, chapter scholarship, a chapter tool crib, IAC competition, etc.
Our chapter scored 8 points. Let's keep up the good work!